What is Joomla!?
Joomla! is a powerful yet easy to use Open Source Content Management System to build websites. It is one of the most popular web site software available. Whether your need is for a small business website or a complex corporate web application, Joomla is the Content Management System. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Here are just a few of the types of websites that can be created using Joomla.
Real world examples of what Joomla! can do
Joomla! is used all over the world to power Web sites of all shapes and sizes. For example:
- Corporate websites or portals
- Corporate intranets and extranets
- E-commerce and online reservations
- Government applications
- Small business web sites
- Non-profit and organizational web sites
- Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
- School and church websites
- Personal or family homepages
- Community-based portals
Why use Joomla!?
Building websites using static web pages becomes unwieldy once the content starts to add up. They are also often difficult to update. Finding content on the site is harder since a static site usually doesn't have a search function.
Another big problem with a static website is the navigation. When you need to add another navigation button to introduce a new section or category to your site you generally have to rebuild the entire navigation system for the whole site just to accommodate the new section. For this reason alone a content management system like Joomla! makes much more sense to use.
Making your website look great is so easy with Joomla! There are an abundance of professionally designed themes that you can use with your site. Themes can be used as is or even modified to give your site a unique look or conform to your graphic brand as needed. The money that you save on development of a website by using a system like Joomla! can be put into graphics and content for your site.
You do not need to have any prior experience with complicated HTML code. If you can operate a word processor, you can maintain your own website.
Advantages of using Joomla!
- Free Open Source software - Joomla! is open source and therefore all the code is available free of cost for the user to customize as required unlike propriety software were the code remains the property of the vendor and only the vendor can customize it under his own terms.
- Scalability - Scalability is the ability of a system, network, or process, to handle growing amounts of work in a graceful manner or its ability to be enlarged to accommodate that growth. For example, it can refer to the capability of a system to increase total throughput under an increased load when resources (typically hardware) are added. An analogous meaning is implied when the word is used in a commercial context, where scalability of a company implies that the underlying business model offers the potential for economic growth within the company. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalability)
- Incredibly secure and stable - With so many world-wide users and testers, Joomla! has matured and reached a stable production state. Any security concerns are discovered quickly and addressed immediately.
- Fully-loaded with a slew of features - Joomla! comes loaded with standard features 'out of the box'.
- Easy to maintain - Joomla is easy to use and anybody can add, edit or delete the content on CMS development powered websites. It needs no prior knowledge of web development. If you know how to operate a word processor, then you are good to go.
- User management - many users can interact and contribute to the maintenance of a Joomla-based site. Users can be assigned to different groups with different privileges;
- WYSIWYG editor - the intuitive What You See Is What You Get editor allows for easy editing of the content online. You can even choose your own editor!
- Feature-rich extensions are easy to add on - the Joomla system can be easily enhanced with additional functionalities from integrating a forum to installing an E-commerce solution - Over 7,200 extensions, free and commercial, are currently available.
- Vast selection of templates - Numerous designs available, both commercial and free, on the net. We have suggested some here.
What can I do with Joomla!?
- Add pages on the fly
- Create newsletters
- Blog till your heart's content
- Create a gallery or portfolio
Add e-commerce and maintain your
products and prices easily
- Import and export RSS feeds
- Mass mail
- Create a link directory
- Dynamic Forms
- Content Syndication (RSS)
- User Profiling
- Contact Management
- FAQ Management
- Banner Management
- Document Management
- Run polls
- Search Engine visibility is easily controllable
- Data manager for uploading and administering information
- Archiving facility, enabling the re-use of content
- Publication of content in printable, pdf or email format
- Simple workflow system
- Multilingual frontend
- User Contributions
- ...just about anything you can imagine
Why Work With us?
- Communication: The developer will be available most of the time in IM, email & Phone.
- Quick Turnaround time & Quality support.
- Your emails will be responded within 3 hours time.
- 5 years experience using Joomla!
- All the rights of the source code will be owned by you.
- 100% flexible & commitment & sincere in Work.
- Personalized service and attention.
Can IdeaSoft handle all of your company needs?
IdeaSoft is a one-stop-shop. Because we're a small freelance firm, you benefit by working directly with your web designer. We offer the following services:
- Content Management Systems (Joomla!)
- E-Commerce Websites
- Web Hosting
- Template Modification
- Identity design
- Printing and sign-writing services
- Email Marketing Software
- Sage Consultancy
- Product Photography
Open source software can be described as software that is developed by peer-based collaboration and generally released as open-source software. Open source software is usually free from licensing fees associated with commercial software.
Good open source software like Joomla! is developed and constantly improved by highly skilled individuals volunteering their time to work together for the benefit of everyone who uses the software. The source code of the software is available for everyone to examine so you can know exactly what you are getting as opposed to commercial software which is not open to scrutiny. Since the software is open many developers can create components and extensions to greatly enhance the functionality of a website.
Commercial software can be very expensive to achieve the same capabilities that good open source software like Joomla! affords you.
Content Management System
A content management system (CMS) for a website is a system whereby the HTML for the pages is created dynamically by scripts run from the server as needed. You don't have multiple HTML pages sitting on the server waiting to be viewed. The content of the website is stored as text in a database and is separate from the design. This gives you the ability to create and manage much more content faster than you possibly could using static pages. You can also change the design of the site without disrupting the content and even have different 'themes' or looks for different parts of your website. Adding sections and categories along with new navigation for your site is simple. You can even reorganize your site's content handily and all content is searchable. Content management systems like Joomla! allow users to add and edit the content without needing to know HTML or have technical expertise in Web design.